People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar (1926-2012)
The great success speaker, Zig Ziglar, passed away a week ago, today. Many are mourning his passing, but many more are celebrating his life and his influence on countless people around the world; an impact that will continue to be felt for not just many years, but many generations to come.
I’ve never met the man, but he’s reminded me of many things over the past several years. No matter what I seemed to be doing, one of Zig’s remarks would always show up at the most unexpected times and whack me with a truth I needed to hear.
Zig had a way with words and was a master storyteller, to say the least. More importantly, he could connect with people of all walks of life in a unique way. The man had gifts, and he used them in service to others until the very end.
Napoleon Hill was right when he said that “thoughts are things,” as was Earl Nightingale when he said, “just one idea can change your life.” So, I wanted to celebrate Zig’s life and work by sharing some of his most profound quotes, and also one of his speeches that is more relevant than ever today.
11 of Zig Ziglar’s Best Success, Personal Development, and Motivation Quotes
11) You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
10) Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.
9) If you can dream it, then you can achieve it.
8) Every choice you make has an end result.
7) It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
6) A goal properly set is halfway reached.
5) When you are tough on yourself, life is going to be infinitely easier on you.
4) You cannot perform in a manner inconsistent with the way you see yourself… If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.
3) You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.
1) What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Good stuff, eh?
Now, if those simple truths don’t totally pump you up in the slightest, then I’d say nothing will. At least, not yet.
If that’s you, then that’s ok. But the fact of that matter is that you’re just not ready to succeed. And that won’t change until you get your attitude in order. Zig is famous for saying that “your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
So, how do you get your attitude back in line? Here’s one simple way from the man himself.
Zig Ziglar: Attitude Makes All The Difference
If you want to learn more about Zig and his unique method of teaching you how to maximize your potential and take your life to the top, this is some of his best work: Born To Win.
Success is not a destination, it’s a journey. ~Zig Ziglar
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends and tweeps:
CST Coach, CST-KS
Health-First Fitness Coach