Sometimes, we just need a simple and quick strength training workout routine. That’s when bodyweight exercise programs come in. This circuit is guaranteed to give you both strength training and cardio benefits, while scorching your metabolism into fat burning mode. You’ll be huffing and puffing, but this one is over in just 15 minutes. Are you daring enough to try out this strength training home workout?
Bare Essentials Bodyweight Strength Training Circuit
Repeat 3x, no rest between exercises, 1 minute rest at the end of each circuit:
- Bodyweight squats – 1 minute
- Pushup variation according to skill level – 30 seconds
- Front plank – 30 seconds
- Walking lunges w/ or w/o DB’s, KB’s or sandbags, (etc.) – 30 sec./leg
- Mixed grip pullups (either vertical or horizontal) – 30 seconds on the bar, no letting go
- Choice of Mountain Climbers or Bear Walk 30 seconds
- Rest 1 minute
Notes: For the timed sets, you don’t need to be repping out during the entire time. If you fatigue before the time period ends, rest and catch your breath, then try to squeeze some final reps in before the end. All of the exercises can and should be modified to fit your current conditioning level. If you like this quick strength training workout routine, let me know and I’ll keep them coming in the future.
To your health and success,
John Sifferman, NSCA-CPT