- You’re not going to lose 30 pounds in a month.
- You’re not going to get six pack abs in a few minutes a day.
- You’re not going to lose two inches from one workout.
- You’re not going to get overnight results.
- You’re not going to get something for nothing.
- You’re not going to succeed by “winging it.”
- You will have good days and bad days.
- You will miss workouts and do extra workouts.
- You will lose ground and gain ground.
- You will get sick, get busy, and get lost…and get back on track.
- You will fail.
- You’ll need more than a secret, a hack, or a special tip.
- You’ll need more than a temporary feeling of motivation.
- You’ll need more than a good plan or program.
- You will have to change how you think, which is easier said than done, and takes clarity, education/training, and practice.
- You will have to change your priorities and figure out how to balance fitness with your other higher priorities.
- You will have to change your habits and your identity, and first, be willing to do so.
- You will have to make hard choices when your willpower has run out.
- You will have to make sacrifices that conflict with your past self.
- You will have to get used to the idea of living outside of your comfort zone and actively seeking challenges as the opportunities they offer.
- You will need to figure out who you are, why you’re here, and what gets you going.
- You will have to take complete responsibility for your health and fitness.
- You will have to master yourself, recognizing that mastery doesn’t come easily.
- You will have to experiment, troubleshoot, and fail your way forward.
- You will have to accept that you’ll be working at this, little by little, every day for the rest of your life.
And if you accept these things, and believe in yourself, you will prevail.
Nothing worthy comes easy. So, be patient. Stay committed. Persevere. And always expect success.
Believe that you can, that you will, that you ARE succeeding. And act the part.
Your reality will catch up soon.
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends:
Health-First Fitness Coach
Photo credit: 1.